Time: April 10, 2019 from 1pm to 2pm
Location: Training Doyens 26468 E Walker Dr,Aurora, Colorado 80016-6104
Website or Map: http://tinyurl.com/y5ogo372
Event Type: online
Organized By: Training Doyens
Latest Activity: Mar 14, 2019
The need for GMO labeling has been a hot topic for over 15 years. Scientific inquiry regarding the safety of GMO products has generated more questions than have been answered and has added fuel to the controversy.
After extensive review and industry input, the National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Law (PL114-216) was signed into law July 2016. The rules impact many types of food including beer, dairy products, breakfast cereals, and others often not commonly associated with GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms) ingredients by consumers.
Beginning in February 2019, food manufacturers, importers and retailers must disclose the presence of ingredients or foods made from or containing genetically engineered ingredients when the bioengineered percent exceeds 5 percent.
Companies may disclose bioengineered ingredients and can use the USDA “Bioengineered”, “Derived from Bioengineering” symbols, or from text printed that includes “bioengineered food” or “contains bioengineered food ingredients”.
The National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Law (PL114-216) was signed into law July 2016.
Mandatory labeling starts Jan 1, 2022.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
In order to provide consumers with trust in labeling, transparency, education and other factors, if your product contains greater than 5% of ingredients that were bioengineered, product labeling must contain the appropriate mandatory labeling as per the GMO labeling regulations.
This webinar will provide you and your staff with disclosure methods, implementation deadlines, labels, printed text, scanning information, web address and text messaging designed to be sent directly to consumer mobile devices that disclose product GMO information.
Food manufacturers are required to “prominently’ display clear label information regarding the presence of bioengineered ingredients. The new rules are designed to provide consumers with clear information and consistently labeled product.
Understanding how the Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) label rule applies to your products is critical in order to avoid recalls.
• Basics ofGenetically Modified Organism (GMO) label rule
• Implementation and compliance (voluntary and mandatory) with GMO labeling regulations
• Determining your company requirements and plan
• Analytical testing and validation
• Responsibility for and type of disclosures
• Placement of disclosure
• Use of your company URL
• Small and very small packaging
• Bulk containers
• And more
• Understand the GMO labeling regulations
• Review Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) label rule definitions
• Plan label change implementation immediately
• Compliance with mandatory deadlines based on company size
• Know your label options
• Understand the exemptions
• Detectability Issues
• Record keeping requirements
WHO WILL BENEFIT
• Food Retail and Restaurant Operations
• CEOs, VP and Director Level Personnel in food companies impacted by the rules
• Food Safety and Quality Team Members
• Quality System Personnel
• Labeling and packaging personnel
• Operations and compliance personnel
• Documentation, data, management analysis and recall team members
Use Promo Code MKT10N and get flat 10% discount on all purchases
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494