Time: February 21, 2019 from 1pm to 2:30pm
Location: Training Doyens 26468 E Walker Dr,Aurora, Colorado
Website or Map: https://bit.ly/2S1vaKx
Event Type: online
Organized By: Training Doyens
Latest Activity: Jan 23
Challenges - It’s confusing isn’t it?
How are we supposed to keep it all straight when there are times when the legal requirements of both Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the American Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA) are similar, yet at other times one law contradicts another?
And where does WC come in? To complicate matters even more, WC is a state law, while FMLA and ADAAA are federal laws, and there are other state civil rights laws that also impact FMLA and the ADAAA. Consider that an injury under WC may also be a “serious health condition” under FMLA.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
The webinar addresses laws that HR is responsible for upholding. When the laws are not followed, it increases the liability for the organization and interferes with a fair and equitable work environment for employees. The complexity & interplay among the ADAAA, FMLA, Workers' Comp (WC) are confusing to many HR professionals and this webinar will help decipher the complexities.
Ensuring compliance with FMLA can be frustrating for many HR professionals who are uncomfortable with the Act.
This leads to litigation. Then, to add the ADAAA legal requirements adds to the confusion which can also lead to discrimination under civil rights law. Sometimes sprinkled in with FMLA and the ADAAA is WC – the nexus among the three legal requirements, especially as it relates to leave, medical certification, and getting the employee back to work as quickly as possible, can be daunting.
This webinar will separate the three laws and examine how each law applies to work situations.
• To review the intricacies of how WC, ADAAA, and WC intersect to provide employees’ coverage under these acts
• To discuss the challenges in terminating an employee after they have expended their FMLA benefits without ignoring their rights through the American Disability Act Amendment Act (ADAAA) or state laws
• To identify steps to follow when an employee fails to provide the requested and required medical certification
• To explain the process in responding to an intermittent leave request that may include a potential accommodation under the ADAAA
WHO WILL BENEFIT
This webinar is for all industries so identifying specific job titles is not realistic. That said, the following general job titles should attend:
• VP of HR
• All HR directors, managers, and generalists
• Director of Risk Management
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494