Online Safety Community

As a distributor of safety supplies, as a webmaster who is trying to sell safety supplies online, one of my main goals is to try to provide value above and beyond just selling supplies and product.
So here's my question:
- What is it that would provide value to you as a safety professional?

In other words... what do you look for when you go online? Documents? samples? templates? programs? ideas? solutions? inventory tracking? product ratings?
I would love to hear from you.

Thanks.

Views: 128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Safetyguy08, what I look for when I’m purchasing online are three main things. First is it a recognized name i.e. Uvex, Miller Ansell, North etc. Number two is cost; I find allot of sites to have vast degree of pricing as much as 50% on same brand and model. Finally I want to be able talk to a human being to talk about technical question or discrepancies on an order.
I purchase 80% of our PPE and supplies online.
Samples are always my favorites. But not for myself, but to provide my associates with their options. My maintenance men were complaining of their safety glasses. So, my very local distributor brought in a dozen different styles and let them try them on. When they agreed upon two styles, he got two guaranteed sales. Something like that might work for more and other types of PPE or equipment options.
Affordable Training Supplies. The few video's out there are dated and very pricey. Nothing like having your upper management direct wthe next injury toward the safety person, and they will be the ones to provide the catalyst for that injury. Being a safety person is often like being an endangered species. Often when you approach upper management for something, you wonder if you will soon be extinct. Affordable/updated safety training. Also.. we need a one stop shop for safety. Somewhere where OSHA/DOT/RCRA/CDC..somewhere were we can go without leaving something out. Well.. OK.. Safetyguy. You asked. I know I am asking alot, but honey, if you can provide this.. you'll be sitting very pretty. Thanks for allowing me to share my wish list.
Thanks for your input. This is good stuff if a little overwhelming. Traditionally, training tends to be separated from supplies which I can understand would be somewhat frustrating because the two are so intrinsically tied together.
Thanks again for you input. Anyone else have anything to add?

They not only supplies but their online software/app based solution helps to keep maintain all the records online which you can use for future aspects. They help to ensure safety by providing immediate assistance if any mishappening occurs. Do visit https://aware360.com/safetyaware/ for more details

RSS

Take our poll!

Take our poll!

Latest Activity

Mark Nilson posted events
Friday
Silvia Watson posted a blog post

How to Use Lab Heating Devices Safely

The standard heating devices used in scientific laboratories include hot plates, Bunsen burners, hot oil baths, heating mantles, and so on. What device you will use depends on the applications available. Then, you should use lab equipment with care because heating leads to burns and injuries resulting out of contact with heated hot plates and mantles. You should also be…See More
Friday
Training Doyens posted events
Thursday
Mark Nilson posted events
Wednesday

Forum

Workplace safety for workers other than your own 2 Replies

Do your workplace/traffic safety plans include safety measures for workers who are not your own employees? Do they take into account the safety of those who will be - or could be - at your workplace,…Continue

Tags: emt, paramedics, emergency, occupational, health

Started by John Petropoulos Memorial Fund. Last reply by Tara safe Mar 1.

What % of Dollars should be bugeted for All Safety Training for a "Heavy Equipment Road Construction" company with 100 employees? 1 Reply

I have been at a Highway and Road Construction company for six months. I am developing a (first) complete training program. I am the 1st full time safety hire for this company. I need to develop a…Continue

Started by JTurpening. Last reply by Jen McDade Feb 19.

Technology and Safety 1 Reply

What are the most useful tools to have at your fingertips? -Toolbox Talks-JSA-JHA-Daily Reports, etc. What is falling through the cracks that could be an easy fix? Safety Managers, Coordinators and…Continue

Tags: safety

Started by Drew stone. Last reply by Jen McDade Feb 15.

Important of Warning sign 1 Reply

Warning sign is a type of traffic sign that guide a hazard ahead on the road. Having proper warning sign on the road provide a healthy environment.Continue

Tags: Signs, Workplace, Safety, Sign, Warning

Started by healthandsafetysigns. Last reply by Jen McDade Jan 14.

Workers paticipation in safety management 2 Replies

Workers paticipation in safety management is the aspect which is required to be implemented in the OHSAS 18001 2007 version. , I invite our experience community members to share their views on the…Continue

Tags: management, safety, in, paticipation, Workers

Started by SafetyRaja. Last reply by Tara safe Dec 27, 2018.

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Safety Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service