Online Safety Community

Do you have meetings as a whole or by department? Do you practice? Are there fire drills? Do you have safety officers in charge of making sure everyone is out of the building?

Just curious.  I'm trying to figure out what kind of a product bundle this would require.
Thanks.

Views: 128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats great you have first and secondary routes - definitely something to consider! Thanks!!!
One way organizations can keep evacuation plans in employee memory is to link the ICE image with their EAP plan. The image was specifically created to be used as a multipurpose safety awareness tool.

If your company wanted to reinforce the EAP in an on-going basis it can easily do so through presentations or different educational posters that act as reminders of proper employee response in an emergency.

Another positive is that employees won't easily forget that ICE is associated with "In Case of Emergency" because the ICE Program is already established and in use "off the job" as well in homes, cell phones, smart phones, vehicles, recreation and a variety of other applications for the employee's family. So in essence, the safety emphasis is not 1-2x yearly but 24/7 on and off the job.

One way to support the process is to note that OSHA specifically recommends employers facilitate that employees maintain emergency medical information be readily available in an emergency situation (29CFR1910.38(a) and 29CFR1926.35).

Simple, easy and inexpensive to put into action.
www.ice4safety.com
Actually, there are already posters associated with home fire safety evacuation located on the website and more that can be made up to suit the particular audience (your employees) so you don't have to use those easily dismissed cartoon like safety reminders we all grew up with.
You're right - I have ICE on my phone. That's an instantly recognizable safety feature. Thanks for the input!
If you by some chance have an I-Phone or I-Pod you might really be interested in smart-ICE which was created by a fire chief and ems responder named Tim Green from EMS-Options (www.ems-options.com) - they actually use the ICE symbol on the phone to denote the location of what is a very well designed phone "App" available from Apple. I was so impressed with this App, I licensed them to use the image. Thanks for the discussion opportunity Michelle.

RSS

Take our poll!

Take our poll!

Latest Activity

Roger Steven posted a blog post

Social media policy for healthcare

Why has social media policy for healthcare now become a rather indispensable part of the official routine of most healthcare settings? Simple: The sheer prevalence of this medium. The social media such as Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, YouTube or Instagram offer unlimited opportunities for spreading information about a business or individual to vast sections of the populace. For healthcare settings, it is a tool of enormous use and value because the healthcare unit can propagate information in…See More
6 hours ago
HrishikeshRam posted blog posts
7 hours ago
Jen McDade joined Michael Tooma's group
Thumbnail

Safety Law

A group for those interested in occupational health and safety law and legal cases.
8 hours ago
Russel Stuart posted blog posts
9 hours ago

Forum

Road Safety

What can be the best measures for Road Safety?Continue

Started by Jen McDade Sep 27.

safety equipments in breweries 4 Replies

safety equipments in breweries -- kindly provide detailsContinue

Started by ajit. Last reply by Jen McDade Sep 24.

Unusual Safety Tips 10 Replies

Please share some unusual but genuine safety precautions.My unusual safety tips - Don't drink sweet fruity juice while driving in the night as it contains sugar and sugar slows down your blood…Continue

Started by Arnold Brame. Last reply by Jen McDade Sep 24.

Safety products 9 Replies

While working or at some work stations, employees are exposed to threats or at times suffer severe injuries. The safety of the employee should be the foremost priority. Safety equipment aids help in…Continue

Tags: equipments, and, products

Started by Enna Henry. Last reply by Jen McDade Sep 24.

Talend Application Integration

APPLICATION INTEGRATION:Talend ESB and Application Integration delivers agile real-time integration of applications and data.Heterogeneous Application and Data IntegrationTalend’s open source ESB…Continue

Tags: york, new, certification, training, talend

Started by nicolewells Sep 21.

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Safety Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service