Online Safety Community

What are the things which need to keep in mind while selecting and ordering safety products for commercial usage.  Definitely it is a long term investment and moreover safety of your staff depends on it so one cannot take a chance. 

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well no one should take chances when it comes to safety. We should be very certain and confident about the construction safety products or welding safety equipment before buying.

Safety is such a thing which is very important for us. We should not take a risk in it. So be careful when choosing safety equipments.

Dangerous Goods Cabinet

I always refer to the Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Act and Regulations which directs me to which CSA and ANSI standards the safety equipment in question needs to adhere to, or nay equipment for that matter. It ensures you remain legally compliant while providing the necessary safety gear for the tasks at hand.

Well it depends upon the nature of the work, if you know what you are working with then its easy to order products which are needed to perform that work. Safety products are mostly eye protectors, gloves, shoes, and safety jackets. If your work requires ladders then you will have to order things that makes ladder safe for employees to work and the most important thing is proper training, you need to provide adequate safety training from trusted providers like OSHAcampus.com to your workers so they can perform their work with safety.

Safety is one of the most important thing which can't be ignore. We have to take all the necessary safety equipment for our staff which keep them secure.

When it comes to health and life, there is no room for taking chances.

Safety is a must in every workplace, and every safety product must be reliable.

Workplace Safety 

Health and Safety is most important for us. We never ignore and compromise with safety equipment, always buy high quality products from reputable business such as Health and Safety Signs Signet

We should look for things that have potential risk at work, and identifying products that are safety is prioritised.
What to look for:
What they cost
Where to buy
Obtain information how to use and properly storing it.
Click here to find more answer: Online Safety Training Videos.

I agree with Alan and Ellen, you have to make sure you buy safety equipment which you are confident in.

Health and Safety Software

I definitely agree that you need to look at purchases as a long-term investment. I think two other things to consider are effectiveness and whether or not usage of that product can cause more harm than good. If there are known flaws to using a certain product, you need to find another one.

I don't feel to tell anybody that how important these safety products are for people. You should buy safety products only from authentic dealers to guarantee they will protect you when the time comes. Thank you for sharing this post about safety products.

Fire Safety Risk Assessment

Like you said, it of the utmost importance to keep the workers safe at all cost. Whether it be implementing lock-out tag-out procedures for machine maintenance, getting correctly fitted and adjustable chairs for your workers, or purchasing the proper PPE for your workers, please get the best safety items for your workers. Make sure to get quality products the first time to keep your workers safe, and cut down on the recurring cost of constantly replacing worn out items. Another extremely important thing to remember when dealing with safety is that just having the right tools, PPE, etc. is not enough. Proper policies must be put in place to ensure that the workers stay safe, and OSHA and NIOSH standards are not breached. I would also recommend potentially hiring a safety consultant who is certified in these issues who can better explain what exactly needs to happen with your company. Although I'm not sure exactly which safety items you may be needing specifically, here are some good links I have researched that may be of help to you.

https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/personalprotectiveequipment/standards.html

https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_id=9777&am...

http://www.free-training.com/osha/ppe/ppemenu.htm

http://www.1stoptionsafety.com/news_item.php?wnID=3372

I hope this helps solve your questions!

RSS

Take our poll!

Take our poll!

Latest Activity

Training Doyens posted events
52 minutes ago
Roger Steven posted a blog post

Working with Physician Extenders to increase efficiency and profitability

A Physician Extender is one who is not a physician, but is of a lesser qualification, who helps physicians by carrying out many activities usually carried out by physicians. As the name suggests, Physician Extenders work to supplement the functions of a physician and could take a considerable load off her shoulders. In…See More
18 hours ago
John Robinson posted a blog post

‘Synthetic lethality’ targets cancer cells by damaging vulnerable DNA

By designing small molecules that can “turn off” kinase enzymes stuck in the “on” position, they have managed to ward off cancer’s attack. More recently, scientists have focused on ways to help the body’s own immune cells seek and destroy cancer cells.Enter the concept known as synthetic lethality. Researchers have long known that a cancer cell hobbling along with one broken gene is vulnerable. Knock out another key gene, they have discovered, and the cell will topple.The notion of killing…See More
19 hours ago
Adam Fleaming posted blog posts
19 hours ago

Forum

Risk Management Solutions

Risk is defined as the potential hazard, harm or side effect of an activity. Almost all activities come with some or another form of risk, which needs to be mitigated or eliminated. Risk management…Continue

Tags: risk, Banking, management, healthcare, Process

Started by John Robinson yesterday.

Occupational Health and Safety 4 Replies

Health and safety are important aspects of an organisation’s smooth and effective functioning.  Did you know that workplace health & safety injuries cost Australian businesses over $60 billion…Continue

Tags: Safety, and, Health, Occupational

Started by WHS Solutions. Last reply by John Robinson on Monday.

Introduction to PEGA-PRPC

Pega/PRPC is a popular rules engine and BPM tool from Pega systems that is gaining good market share among large corporations. Architects and developers build the Pega/PRPC instance while…Continue

Tags: training, course, online, pega

Started by Soujanya Naganuri Oct 6.

Pega/PRPC is a popular rules engine and BPM tool from Pega systems that is gaining good market share among large corporations. Architects and developers build the Pega/PRPC instance while…Continue

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Safety Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service