Online Safety Community

If you have knowledge of other programming languages, then you would know the importance of conditional statements. Conditional statements are required for taking decisions. Whenever we operate the software, our choice of action decides the next step. A simple example is booking an air ticket. If you want to travel in economy class, you will be presented a different package, whereas if you opt for business class you will be given a different package. So, let’s take a look at the conditional statements available in python.

-An else statement can be combined with an if statement. An else statement contains the block of code that executes if the conditional expression in the if statement resolves to 0 or a FALSE value.

Format:

if (expression): code1  else:  code2

EXAMPLE:

a= 7 b=8 if(a>b): print ‘I am greater than b’ else: print ‘I am greater than a’

Output :I am greater than a

-To check multiple conditions and run the block of code for the condition that returns ‘true’

Format:

if expression1: code1  elif expression2: code2  elif expression3: code3  else:  code4

EXAMPLE:

a=7 b=7 if(a>b): print ‘I am greater than b’ elif (b>a): print ‘I am greater than a’ elif (a==b): print ‘Hey!! we both are equal’

Output: Hey!! we both are equal

- A simple if statement can be used without any else or else if. Usage of simple if statement means that the lines of code should be executed only if the condition is true.

Format:

if condition : execute the code

EXAMPLE:

a=7 b=7 if(a>b): print ‘I am greater than b’ print ‘Good Bye’

Output: Good Bye

HTTPS://DOCS.PYTHON.ORG/2/LIBRARY/THREADING.HTML#CONDITION-OBJECTS

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Head scratching - I signed up here thinking I may gain knowledge of safety issues

RSS

Take our poll!

Take our poll!

Latest Activity

Mark Nilson posted events
1 hour ago
Training Doyens posted an event
Thumbnail

Training On Microsoft Office Boot Camp - Tips and Tricks of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook - 3 Hours at 26468 E Walker Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80016

January 24, 2019 from 1pm to 4pm
OVERVIEWIn today’s business world, just about every job requires some computer skills. Microsoft Office, also known as Office 365, is the software that most computers use.The Microsoft Office suite includesMicrosoft WordMicrosoft ExcelMicrosoft PowerPointMicrosoft OutlookThis 3-hour webinar will give you tips on all 4 of those topics.WHY SHOULD YOU ATTENDAttend the webinar…See More
3 hours ago
Mark Nilson posted events
yesterday
Training Doyens posted events
yesterday

Forum

[General Industry] What is your workplace's policy on headphones? Working on one currently. 1 Reply

I have been tasked to create a headphones (and cell phone) policy for my employer. I am relatively new to this company, but so far they've let everyone listen to headphones and mess around with their…Continue

Tags: general, industry, distraction, music, phone

Started by Kyle C. Johnson. Last reply by Jen McDade 2 hours ago.

Biggest Challenge? 5 Replies

As a distributor of safety supplies, as a webmaster who is trying to sell safety supplies online, one of my main goals is to try to provide value above and beyond just selling supplies and product.So…Continue

Started by Safetyguy08. Last reply by Jen McDade yesterday.

AI Machine Learning In Businesses How wоuld уоu define a small buѕinеѕѕ, thе number оf реrѕоnеl, thе size оf the budget, оr ѕаlеѕ?

How wоuld уоu define a small buѕinеѕѕ, thе number оf реrѕоnеl, thе size оf the budget, оr ѕаlеѕ?However you define уоur оwn ѕmаll business, it tоо can tаkе advantage оf thе AI/ …Continue

Tags: elite, crest, technologies, intelligence, Artificial

Started by emmablisa Dec 10.

Distracted Driving 1 Reply

****WARNING**** Despite the fact that this is a life event portrayed by actors, it's graphic. This video should be part of…Continue

Tags: texting, fatality, safety, car, driving

Started by Wendy. Last reply by Jen McDade Dec 5.

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Safety Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service