Online Safety Community

All Discussions Tagged 'safety' (7)

← Back to Construction
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Safety Week!

May 4 - 10, 2014 is the first ever Construction Safety Week!  31 companies joined together to create a special focus on safety.  Is anyone…

Started by Brittany Long

0 May 5, 2014

Calling All Contractors: Lead Certification Is Now Required By Law

Effective, Today, April 22nd, 2010, a new EPA lead rule takes effect. Contractors performing renovation, repair and painting projects that…

Started by Jennifer Sledziona

0 Apr 22, 2010

DOES YOUR FALL PROTECTION MEET THE MINIMUM FEDERAL FALL PROTECTION STANDARD?

Does a manufacturer required anchor point elevation of 18½ feet preclude the use of a shock absorbing lanyard in aerial lifts? On January14…

Started by Mark Dennington

11 Apr 21, 2010
Reply by Seth Newell

Online OSHA Training for Construction

DID YOU KNOW... Studies have shown that people are more likely to complete and retain information from an Online Safety Training Course as…

Started by Safety Training International

2 Aug 10, 2009
Reply by DoorJak Team

Innovative new construction safety products...

There are many products available today which have been specifically designed to reduce the risk of injury in construction. What new, inno…

Started by DoorJak Team

2 Aug 10, 2009
Reply by DoorJak Team

CONGRESS TURNS UP HEAT FOR OSHA

Following up on my last blog concerning the federal compliance of safety harnesses you use, the following article was published by Human Re…

Started by Mark Dennington

0 May 11, 2009

Best Practices in Construction Safety

I am looking for some examples of best safety practices in construction.

Started by Karen Fuller

2 Sep 2, 2008
Reply by William

RSS

Take our poll!

Take our poll!

Latest Activity

John Robinson posted a blog post

Good Manufacturing Practices are essential for ensuring quality

Key Takeaway:GMPs are critical for the manufacture and distribution of foods, drugs and other pharmaceutical products. These need to be implemented diligently by organizations that are involved in these products.Quality is a great concern for a manufacturer and consumer of any product. To ensure that quality is maintained across a variety of products ranging from foods to pharmaceutical products; a few guidelines are required. These guidelines are collectively termed Good Manufacturing…See More
7 hours ago
John Robinson posted a blog post

Tips and Suggestions on interacting with FDA Officials and Premarket Approval (PMA)

Preparing premarket submissions that win regulatory approval is a complex task, even for the most seasoned professional in the medical devices industry. This is because of the highly stringent nature of the regulatory approval pathways, namely the Premarket Approval (PMA) process and FDA regulatory 510(k)…See More
yesterday
Zuber Ahmed posted a discussion

Feedback on a injury prevention product we're building.

Hi everyone!For full transparency ill tell you a little about myself and what I hope to accomplish. My name is Zuber and I'm an engineering student who founded a startup helping to build wearable tech to help prevent injury in the workplace. What initially was a pet project for the gym has turned into a startup where I'm working along side Kinesiology and engineering professors at my school to help bring his product to fruition. I should add that I have no intention of selling or pushing our…See More
Monday
Profile IconZuber Ahmed and NAVNATH AMBADAS BHANDALKAR joined Online Safety Community
Monday

Discussion Forum

OSHA Inspection At Santa’s Workshop 1 Reply

Even Santa isn't safe from OSHA! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4SIdBALvDwJay…Continue

Started by Jay D. Rohman. Last reply by Donald R. Schwenke Dec 30, 2015.

Safety Week!

May 4 - 10, 2014 is the first ever Construction Safety Week!  31 companies joined together to create a special focus on safety.  Is anyone doing anything to celebrate, or observe it?Continue

Tags: week, safety

Started by Brittany Long May 5, 2014.

Tying off to Adjacent Poles 3 Replies

I am aware that scissor lifts do not fall under the aerial lift standards (although they should) but rather under the mobile scaffold standards. However, is there any standard someone can find about…Continue

Started by Garry L Mullins Jr. Last reply by Terry P. Keenan Oct 4, 2013.

New ASME B30.5 and OSHA C-DAC 4 Replies

Can anybody please give me a straight up answer on an exact date the new 2007 ASME B30.5 regulations take effect. Also when osha's C-DAC goes in effect. Every crane site and magazine i read praises…Continue

Tags: operator, rigger, asme, osha, construction

Started by Jason Nash. Last reply by Kevin Moore May 20, 2013.

Fall protection 1 Reply

The campaign to stop falls in construction is well underway! In 2010, more than 10,000 construction workers were injured as a result of falling while working from heights. ASSE supports our Arizona…Continue

Started by Cory Zielke. Last reply by Lukeav - Lanier Upshaw Aug 2, 2012.

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Safety Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service