Online Safety Community

I'm sure that there are multiple sites that have the same issue that I have: overweight and unhealthy employees. I have numerous times sent associates to the doctor or even home when they don't feel well and I feel that they would be unsafe at work to themselves or to others. And because I have a medical background, I'm able to check their blood pressures, temperatures, and pulses. I wish I could check their sugar levels but my level of EMT doesn't allow me to do so. Anyway, share your stories and thoughts on protecting your employees with health issues unrelated to work.

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

Jason, I too have a medical background at the EMT level (retired) and do act as the company nurse at times. I often recommend that employees seek medical care and send them home. I am wondering if you require a medical release for the employee to return to work for something other than common sickness like flu.

RSS

Take our poll!

Take our poll!

Latest Activity

Russel Stuart posted an event
Thumbnail

Time Management at Online evnt

October 5, 2017 from 10am to 11am
The TrainHR webinar is approved by HRCI and SHRM Recertification Provider.Overview: Everyone gets the same amount of hours in a day, week, month and year. So, why is it that some people get so much more done than others? Time can be one of the most elusive resources a business owner and/or manager have. You may have a system for running all the other aspects of your business. But, are you managing your time efficiently and effectively?What is Time Management? Time Management refers to managing…See More
16 hours ago
Madison Quinn posted a discussion

QlikView 12.10 Service Release 8 and QlikView Governance Dashboard 2.0.4 now available

Hello all,Qlik announced that QlikView 12.10 Service Release 8 [SR8] is now available on Qlik download site.   SR8 is a relatively small service release and includes 7 bug fixes - you can find details of the fixes in the attached release notes.Also Qlik announced that QlikView Governance Dashboard 2.0.4 is available on Qlik download site. This release contains a few key bug fixes which are detailed in the attached release…See More
yesterday
John Robinson posted blog posts
yesterday
rodriguezcecelia posted an event

ITIL Training Seattle, WA at Regus, Seattle

August 30, 2017 at 9am to August 31, 2017 at 5pm
Welcome to MSys Training, North America’s leading training provider. Read some of our reviews on www.trustpilot.com. MSys’ ITIL Foundation® program includes:Course instruction by Lead ITIL instructorsAXELOS® approved course material2 Simulation testsCase studies, webinars and instructor feedback16 PDU certificate100% pass guarantee Visit www.msystraining.com, call 408-878-3078 or…See More
yesterday

Discussion Forum

NIOSH Research Explores Cleaning Ambulances With UV Light

Research at the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health site in Morgantown is delving into a new method of disinfecting ambulances and other emergency vehicles that have transported…Continue

Started by Jay D. Rohman Jan 19, 2016.

Twas the Night Before Recertification

We hope you enjoy our holiday video! To celebrate the holiday season, Health Education Solutions is offering 15% off ACLS and PALS recertification courses when you use the code "HES11" (valid for…Continue

Tags: holiday, funny, discount, test, Nursing

Started by Rebecca Howard Dec 13, 2011.

AED in the mfg plant 3 Replies

I have a question for the group.I'm the HSE support and the EMT for our plant.The AED we have is 7 years old this March.We have had to replace battery twice and pads regularly as they expire(again in…Continue

Tags: training, emt, responders, first, AED

Started by Randy. Last reply by Douglas Comstock Mar 1, 2010.

Should medicine be available to your employees openly? 8 Replies

One of the biggest questions that my employees have is why don't we keep Tylenol, Ibuprofen, diarrhea, migraines, cramps, etc... on site for them. My management staff has asked as well. My comment is…Continue

Started by Jason A Beck. Last reply by Ben Lenchner Jul 27, 2009.

When is it time to send them home? 1 Reply

I'm sure that there are multiple sites that have the same issue that I have: overweight and unhealthy employees. I have numerous times sent associates to the doctor or even home when they don't feel…Continue

Started by Jason A Beck. Last reply by Jim Harris Feb 17, 2009.

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Safety Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service