Online Safety Community

All Discussions Tagged 'fall' (2)

← Back to Fall Protection
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Unique fall protection situation ( looking for advice)

Hello      I have a unique fall protection situation and I am looking for some advice from someone who has dealt with a similar situation.…

Started by Kristina Anderson

2 Apr 29, 2013
Reply by Kevin Moore

Using a Scissor lift as an unprotected edge guardrail

Does anybody see a problem using a scissor lift, with a railing of greater than six feet, be used in leu of a guard rail system while emplo…

Started by Rick Zimmerman

1 Mar 9, 2009
Reply by Daniel Wampler

RSS

Take our poll!

Take our poll!

Latest Activity

Adam Fleaming posted a blog post

Is important to involve managers in project management audits

Project management is one of the core areas of expertise in today’s corporate career. Defined as a temporary allocation of resources to accomplish a defined goal and objective; project management may be considered the building blocks of an organization’s business. Given the importance of project management to any business; it is imperative that the organization implements a set of checks and balances into the whole system of project auditing to ensure that its project management is on track to…See More
1 hour ago
Roger Steven posted a blog post

Implementation of Regulatory Aspects of Clinical Research is critical

Implementation of Regulatory Aspects of Clinical Research is criticalOne of the prime areas of clinical studies is regulatory aspects of clinical research. This applies in almost equal measure to medical research as a whole. The FDA and other regulatory bodies have…See More
3 hours ago
Chris Trottier posted a blog post

Injury Free? Safety is not just a number

Safety is a goal. Safety is a mentality. Safety is effort.  Safety is a work in progress.  Safety is something every company should treasure. A quick look around and you’ll see professionals, organizations, schools and businesses touting their unwavering dedication to safety. But what does that mean?  Some will point to their low incident…See More
yesterday
Adam Fleaming posted a blog post

What are the Steps involved to Create a Bullet Proof 510(K)

A medical device has to mandatorily make a submission for premarket approval (PMA) to the FDA to demonstrate that the device to be marketed is substantially equivalent or at least as safe and effective as a non PMA-subjected legally marketed device. This submission is called 510 (K).A medical device company has to submit a product for PMA when it manufactures or makes changes and modifications that could substantially affect safety and effectiveness requirements under 21 CFR 807 and design…See More
Wednesday

Discussion Forum

Final Rule in 2016? 1 Reply

Walking Working Surfaces and Personal Fall Protection Systems (Slips, Trips, and Fall Prevention) In its Spring 2015 Regulatory Agenda, OSHA said this rule would be released in August 2015. It’s now…Continue

Started by Jay D. Rohman. Last reply by Donald R. Schwenke Dec 28, 2015.

Unique fall protection situation ( looking for advice) 2 Replies

Hello     I have a unique fall protection situation and I am looking for some advice from someone who has dealt with a similar situation.     I work in a warehouse and our bulk racking (full pallet…Continue

Tags: deep, rack, warehouse, distribution, double

Started by Kristina Anderson. Last reply by Kevin Moore Apr 29, 2013.

Rectratable lines 4 Replies

Is it possible to use a rectractable line with the anchor point located at the feet?I have read the manufacturers recommendations and they do not recommend this.What do you do if you do not have a…Continue

Started by Tom Trauger. Last reply by Kevin Moore Nov 28, 2010.

Ladder Safety 2 Replies

I am presenting at the Construction Safety Conference   "Ladder Accidents & Violations…an Unnecessary Expense"in Chicago in a couple of week. I am about done with my presentation and would like…Continue

Started by Jay D. Rohman. Last reply by Kelli Heflin Mar 24, 2010.

CONGRESS TURNS UP HEAT FOR OSHA 1 Reply

Following up on my last blog concerning the federal compliance of safety harnesses you use, the following article was published by Human Resource Executive Online and can be found at…Continue

Tags: violations, harnesses, safety, compliance, OSHA

Started by Mark Dennington. Last reply by Jeffrey Nichols Dec 5, 2009.

Badge

Loading…

© 2016   Created by Safety Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service