Online Safety Community

Hello people. im new in this community and this group and i have a clear indication
that there are loads of benefits from this group.
I have been trying to get the reason intake of juice is recommended for oil & Gas workers
in order to reduce the effect of fumes from the product.
any one have clues please?

Views: 158

Replies to This Discussion

I am not quite sure what you are asking. Are you referring to fume exposure from welding or from what source in? Regardless of whether you are referring to vapors or fumes exposure, my feelings on the subject are that it should never get to a point they having to be treated for exposure to a chemical above established limits. This is established through the conducting of a thorough Hazard analysis and mitigating exposure via Engineering (if possible), employee training and SOP's, and of course lastly - using the correct ppe for the hazard. Over the years, I have heard tales from welders from the old school that would drink a gallon of milk every night to help flush the system, but as far as medical treatment to fume exposure; I will defer to those on here with more of a medical or hygiene background to respond to the juice question.

RSS

Take our poll!

Take our poll!

Latest Activity

Scott V posted a discussion

OSHA and Machine Guard Door Safety???

We have what we feel is not a unique situation and were wondering if anyone might of run across this challenge and know more about the requirements.  We are building a small machine system that includes some pneumatic components and some heated plates inside a small guard system.  We include emergency stops on the machine and if they are actuated it removes all electric current and dumps all air pressure from the machine.  We have several electrically interlocked doors that can be opened to…See More
Friday
Profile IconJayakumar, Scott V and Scott Effinger joined Online Safety Community
Friday
arifa khan posted a photo
Friday
Adam Fleaming posted a blog post

Works Quickly Meeting the FDA’s Quality and compliance requirements

Quality and compliance are vital issues for any medical devices company. Despite the fact that the FDA’s regulatory compliance requirements are the same across the industry; many medical device companies are shocked when they receive a 483, or a Warning Letter, or even a consent decree. Is meeting the FDA’s regulatory requirements something of a chance, which some organizations get by fluke and others don’t?This is simply not the case. Quality and compliance are built into a medical device…See More
Friday

Discussion Forum

Getter done attitude

Having consulted in the patch and policed it for years the number on safety violation was not the offence but the attitudeNot doing the procedures as outline or letting consultant bully the workers…Continue

Started by Terry Penney Dec 1, 2010.

msds 1 Reply

Pls house help t get the msds of fusion bonded epoxy FBE powder for coating of pipes Continue

Started by charles Imadiyiosa. Last reply by Terry Penney Dec 1, 2010.

Oil Spill Cleanup Guidance

Sign up for a 30-day free trial at www.safetymgmt.com to obtain a plethora of free training.  This training can be downloaded directly to your desktop and used…Continue

Tags: training, guidance, risk, guide, legislation

Started by RiskAnalytics, LLC Jul 12, 2010.

Worker doused with chemicals at BP refinery 2 Replies

“Employee says he was trying to unstop a drain at the PS3B Unit on the premises when other workers resumed cleaning the area without notifying the employee or checking to see if he was still working…Continue

Started by Jay D. Rohman. Last reply by Jay D. Rohman Aug 19, 2009.

Does Milk intake reduce the effectsof fumes of petroleum product inhalation 1 Reply

Hello people. im new in this community and this group and i have a clear indicationthat there are loads of benefits from this group.I have been trying to get the reason intake of juice is recommended…Continue

Started by Femi Samuel Oshajare. Last reply by Chester T. Karella C.S.P./C.E.T. Aug 19, 2009.

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Safety Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service