1) Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
2) Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
3) Certified Safety Manager (CSM)
4) Licensed Safety Professional (LSP)
5) Workplace Violence Prevention Specialist
6) Certified Ergonomics Technician
7) Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
8) Materials Handling Safety Technician (MHST)
9) Certified NY State “Workplace Safety and Loss Prevention Consultant” (#07-0017).
10) OSHA Certified Outreach Instructors for 10 and 30 hour General Industry Standards
11) OSHA Certified Outreach Instructors for 10 and 30 hour Construction Standards
12) Forklift (Powered Industrial Truck) Instructors
13) American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructors
14) Instructor for DOT Hazardous Materials Shipping
15) “Safety Professional of the Year” Awards from both the American Society Of Safety Engineers & the WNY Safety Conference
16) Over 30 Years experience (including chemical industry, water/wastewater industry, hazardous chemical waste industry, natural gas industry, public transportation, public employees, and bio technology industry)
Safety and Health Support Services was established as a division of Quality Inspection Services, Inc., focusing on progressive safety management. We believe that safety and quality play an integral role in business and both have a direct impact on the “bottom line.” With soaring Workers’ Compensation costs, OSHA fines, the direct and indirect costs of accidents, plus world market competition, its easy to see why so many companies struggle to survive.
I work with a company called MSDSonline and if you have a second, I am curios to hear from you regarding the ype of education / training you are looking for. We could possibly help you out in this area!
Great, thanks. Our forging facility is ~3 years old with a 6500-ton press. We'd like to say we've resolved alot of safety concerns, however the ergonomics of the process is our current challenge -- the equipment, parts, & tools are all just so large and heavy that improving ergonomics is very difficult. If you have ideas or resources, I'd love to hear them.
By "Forge", does that mean your plant was or had a forging facility? The Decherd plant casts, forges, machines, & assembles and we're always looking for additional information on forging and casting operations to be better prepared for the hazards associated with those processes.
Hey, Kevin. In response to your question about where I work, I work for Nissan's powertrain (engine) plant in Decherd, TN., which is between Nashville & Chattanooga, TN. Where is the American Axle you used to work for?
At 11:44am on September 18, 2009, Ken Oswald said…
Kevin, Welcome to the safety community. I hope you find it is a wonderful network full of various safety related information through our blogs, forums and groups. We llok forward to sharing information so all can value from your knowledge and experience. Again welcome.
Kevin, welcome to the Safety Community. I hope you will find the Safety Community to be a tremendous resource to meet your goals. If you have the time, we would benefit from your knowledge and experience with Forum discussion(s).
The popularity of Watt's improved steam engine was rapid, and by 1790 the old Newcomen steam engine was out of sight, and by 1790 there were about 500 steam engines operating in Britain. After less than 100 years or so, by 1868, there were as many as 75,000 steam engines in Britain alone. In 1805, the steam engine in the United States was equipped with cars as a driving force. In 1807, Robert Fulton (1765-1815) of the United States invented a steamship powered by a steam engine. In 1825 George…See More
HR documentation is of vital importance to organizations. Unless its nuances are mastered organizations can fall into embarrassing and damaging pitfalls.HR documentation is one of the most important aspects at the workplace. The habit of HR documentation is usually imbibed into HR professionals from early on in their careers. But what does HR document?HR documentation resonates with the spirit of the dictum, Verba volant, Scripta manent, meaning "what is written stands; what is uttered flies".…See More
Keeping a perfect oral health is crucial. Though, in keeping good teeth set, always it has been a must to research for the good General Dental office you can find in your nearby area. It has to be noted that searching the most suitable clinic can confirm you of good quality and pleasing services. Earlier than you make a selection, there are some important things you have to know.The Crucial Things to…See More
Please share some unusual but genuine safety precautions.My unusual safety tips - Don't drink sweet fruity juice while driving in the night as it contains sugar and sugar slows down your blood…Continue
Started by Arnold Brame. Last reply by Jen McDade Sep 24.
While working or at some work stations, employees are exposed to threats or at times suffer severe injuries. The safety of the employee should be the foremost priority. Safety equipment aids help in…Continue
APPLICATION INTEGRATION:Talend ESB and Application Integration delivers agile real-time integration of applications and data.Heterogeneous Application and Data IntegrationTalend’s open source ESB…Continue