Safety Standards and Personal Protective Technologies
What is your job title?
What company do you work for or associate with?
International Safety Equipment Association
Do you currently use or recommend Personal Protective Equipment?
How did you find our online community?
What best describes the role you play in the purchase of safety products?
If Other above, please explain.
The International Safety Equipment Association (ISEA) is the association for personal protective equipment (PPE) and technologies that enable people to work in hazardous environments. Members of ISEA design, manufacture and supply PPE to minimize exposure to a variety of hazards. For more than 75 years, ISEA has set the standard for personal protective technologies, supporting and promoting the business interests of its member companies, united in the goal of protecting the health and safety of people worldwide.
Included in the association are products and technologies for:
• protection of workers against impact, cuts and abrasions, chemical and biological agents, noise, radiation and thermal hazards and electricity;
• detection, analysis, classification and measurement of hazards;
• early warning to workers, and warning to others of the presence of workers;
• mitigation of the effects of accidental exposure, such as first aid, emergency eyewash and showers.
• These include equipment for head, eye and face, respiratory, hearing, hand and fall protection; high visibility apparel and headwear; environmental monitoring instruments; emergency eyewash and shower equipment; first aid kits, protective apparel; ergonomic protective equipment, respiratory protective escape devices and personal hydration systems.
ISEA members, management and staff are experienced in the process of standardization, including development of standards, management of the consensus process, publication and distribution, interpreting standards for users, and advocating their use. In addition to the standards managed by ISEA, the association is officially represented on other national, multinational and international standards committees for safety equipment.
Comment Wall (1 comment)
You need to be a member of Online Safety Community to add comments!
Welcome to the safety community. I hope you find it is a wonderful resource and network full of safety information. I invite you to join our ergonomics group. It would be great to have you as part of our group. Again welcome.
ABOUT 75% OF EMPLOYEES IN NORTH AMERICA ARE MOBILE WORKERS. ADVANCES IN COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY MEANS THESE WORKERS CAN WORK ANYWHERE AT ANY TIME. THESE NEW TECHNOLOGIES ALSO MEAN THESE MOBILE…Continue
The Road Safety Signs ,Barriers,Humps,Hazard Markers and Visual Warnings are some of the important marks to be observed. Signs such as "keep left",stop, "give way" should not be casually treated.…Continue
If you have knowledge of other programming languages, then you would know the importance of conditional statements. Conditional statements are required for taking decisions. Whenever we operate the…Continue
Visualizations in Power BI displays the visual insights from a data. In power bi service a visual can be pinned from reports to create dashboards. Visuals are used in reports.List of visualizations…Continue