Safety Standards and Personal Protective Technologies
What is your job title?
What company do you work for or associate with?
International Safety Equipment Association
Do you currently use or recommend Personal Protective Equipment?
How did you find our online community?
What best describes the role you play in the purchase of safety products?
If Other above, please explain.
The International Safety Equipment Association (ISEA) is the association for personal protective equipment (PPE) and technologies that enable people to work in hazardous environments. Members of ISEA design, manufacture and supply PPE to minimize exposure to a variety of hazards. For more than 75 years, ISEA has set the standard for personal protective technologies, supporting and promoting the business interests of its member companies, united in the goal of protecting the health and safety of people worldwide.
Included in the association are products and technologies for:
• protection of workers against impact, cuts and abrasions, chemical and biological agents, noise, radiation and thermal hazards and electricity;
• detection, analysis, classification and measurement of hazards;
• early warning to workers, and warning to others of the presence of workers;
• mitigation of the effects of accidental exposure, such as first aid, emergency eyewash and showers.
• These include equipment for head, eye and face, respiratory, hearing, hand and fall protection; high visibility apparel and headwear; environmental monitoring instruments; emergency eyewash and shower equipment; first aid kits, protective apparel; ergonomic protective equipment, respiratory protective escape devices and personal hydration systems.
ISEA members, management and staff are experienced in the process of standardization, including development of standards, management of the consensus process, publication and distribution, interpreting standards for users, and advocating their use. In addition to the standards managed by ISEA, the association is officially represented on other national, multinational and international standards committees for safety equipment.
Comment Wall (1 comment)
You need to be a member of Online Safety Community to add comments!
Welcome to the safety community. I hope you find it is a wonderful resource and network full of safety information. I invite you to join our ergonomics group. It would be great to have you as part of our group. Again welcome.
It is a given that leadership is indispensable for organizations. Why? Because it is leadership that takes the organization to its intended, charted out destination. Since it is leadership that is the organization's anchor; it is but natural that leadership faces challenges. The challenge associated with leadership is so inherent within it that it is right to say that if the challenge of leadership did not exist; there would be no need for leadership at all.The major challenges of…See More
Please share some unusual but genuine safety precautions.My unusual safety tips - Don't drink sweet fruity juice while driving in the night as it contains sugar and sugar slows down your blood…Continue
Started by Arnold Brame. Last reply by Jen McDade Sep 24.
While working or at some work stations, employees are exposed to threats or at times suffer severe injuries. The safety of the employee should be the foremost priority. Safety equipment aids help in…Continue
APPLICATION INTEGRATION:Talend ESB and Application Integration delivers agile real-time integration of applications and data.Heterogeneous Application and Data IntegrationTalend’s open source ESB…Continue