EMPLOYERS & DRIVERS SHARE:
Forklifts play an important role in the day-to-day operation of warehouses, plants and facilities. But lift trucks, reach trucks and tow motors have the potential to cause serious injury or even death to their operators, other workers, and pedestrians.
Every year there are reports of workers being crushed by tipping vehicles, hit or run over, struck by falling materials or falling from a platform on the forks.
There are many reasons forklift accidents occur, including: inadequate training of operators; driving at high speeds; lack of proper tools; 22 attachments and accessories; poor maintenance; age of forklift; and not using seat belts.
• Keep an itemised checklist on how CL to safely operate machines.
• Review the list before each use or shift.
• Check the fuel, water, oil, brakes, steering, hydraulics, warning devices, and lifting components before a shift.
• Before starting the forklift, carry out a visual circle check.
• Follow safe operation procedures at all times, including speed, turning, braking and acceleration.
• Know the forklift’s load limit and never exceed it.
• Always inspect and wear any seat belts or restraint devices.
• Drive with the forks at the lowest level possible.
• Keep the load as low as possible.
• Move only when stable.
• Operate at a speed that can stop easily.
• Obey posted signs.
• Decrease speed at corners and sound the horn.
• Watch & yield for pedestrians.
• Avoid sudden stops.
• Check for adequate overhead clearances.
• Do not turn while on ramps.
• Do not elevate the load when the forklift is on an incline.
Further Safety Queries :
GREEN WORD MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS & TRAINING INSTITUTE
Email : email@example.com
Connect on : Whatsapp
Visit us : Forklift Safety , Nebosh in Bangalore , Nebosh Course
Our Branch Location : Bangalore