According to OSHA’s Respiratory Protection Standard (29 CFR 1910.134
); there are seven key elements that every respiratoryprotection program should contain. They are:
1. Develop and implement a written respiratory protection program with required worksite-specific procedures and elements of
2. Complete assessment of respiratory hazards that will be encountered in the workplace.
required respirator use.
3. Use a procedure and equipment guideline to control
4. Establish guidelines to select
the proper respiratory equipment.
5. Implement an employee training program covering
potential hazards, proper usage and the care and cleaning of respirators.
6. Inspect, maintain and repair of respirators.
7. Follow through with medical surveillance of employees.Source: www.osha.gov