NEBOSH examiners aim in providing marks to you, not to reduce. If your answer to the given question is appropriate, NEBOSH will provide good enough marks. And if the answer delivered is irrelevant to the question given NEBOSH will not provide any marks. I.e. NEBOSH do not have negative marking system.
- Use common abbreviations like HSWA, HSE, RIDDOR, and ILO in your answer, because the examiners will know, what you are saying about.
- You are free to answer in any order. Make sure that you are labeling your answer with relevant question numbers.
- Use bulletin points, wherever necessary, but not too much for every question, as it may look odd.
- Don’t get panic about COMMAND WORDS; they are normal words which tests the level of your knowledge in the subject. Their exact meaning depends upon the context i.e. what is asked and how many marks will be provided for that particular question etc. some of the example of command words are: ‘Define’, ‘Give’ etc.
- Make use of your allocate time efficiently and effectively
- Create a time plan and then starts write the exam.
- Never skip any question without answering
- Read the question at least twice, before answering.
- Track the time often, because you may run out of time.
- Let your handwriting be legible and the paragraphs are well structured
- Memorizing the concepts – It will never workout in case of NEBOSH examination
- Answering to the question without looking the Command Words.
- Repeating the same answer in different ways (replacing the words) or writing the same answer for different questions.