The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was signed into law by George H.W. Bush in July 1990. The Act is a civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities in all areas of public life, including jobs, schools, transportation, and all public and private places that are open to the general public. The purpose of the law is to ensure that people with disabilities have the same rights and opportunities as those provided to individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, and religion.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
This webinar will provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will explain the importance of ADA compliance and the consequences of non-compliance. Participants will gain a solid understanding of the ADA’s disability accommodation process and the interactions between Federal and State laws.
- What is the Americans with Disabilities Act?
• Titles I through V of the Act
• Which agencies enforce Titles I through V?
• Definitions of terms used in the Act
• Major life activities outlined in the Act
• Conditions considered to be disabilities under ADA
• Conditions excluded from the definition of disability
• The accommodation process
• Concept of reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities
• Limitations on the obligation to make reasonable accommodations
• Service animals
• Fragrance sensitivity
• Website guidelines
• Marijuana and the ADA standards
• HR’s role in enforcing provisions of ADA
• Maintaining existing production and performance standards for an employee with a disability
• Interactions between Federal & State law
• Recordkeeping requirements for employers
• Posting requirements
• Proposed future changes to ADA laws
- Familiarization with the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to ensure your employer is not in violation of the Act
• An understanding of employer’s, applicants’, and employees’ rights and duties under the Act
• Changes to the ADA laws effective January 1, 2020
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Senior Leadership
• Human Resource Managers
• Managers and Supervisors
• Compliance Professionals
• Operations Professionals
• Benefits Professionals
Use Promo Code TDES20 and get flat 20% discount on all purchases.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494