Online Safety Community

Any companies handout information to employees on how to handle a disater at home. I was thinking of putting some material together and handout at my next training class. Your thoughts.

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

Sure Larry, ICE4SAFETY.COM is an entire website and blog dedicated in part to this purpose as well. Use whatever you like from the site or modify to your own needs. Several hundred articles to choose from. Let me know what you might need going forward. www.ice4safety.com and www.ice4safety.blogspot.com
No fluff or light touches on this site...but no doom and gloom either. Practical preparedness.
You can check out www.fema.gov, www.redcross.org, or www.nws.noaa.gov to get all kinds of information on weather isssues.

It is also important to note that what we "all learned" about tornado readiness and action under a tornado warning has changed. When we were all taught to get out of a car or mobile home and get into a ditch has changed as of March of this year. You can see it on Redcross.org.

Dawn
Larry, I think this is a great idea! Kudos to you! We need to remember that to create a true culture of safety we must make the home a part of that culture. The other benefit is that now that you have provided information that is not only work related, you have engaged the employee on a personal matter that will keep them looking at what you give them so they don't missout on something. Keep up the good work. And remember...Encouragement is a thumbs up to the soul! Jay Rohman www.EncouragingSafety.com

RSS

Take our poll!

Take our poll!

Latest Activity

kate smith posted a blog post

Documentation of Employee Discussions is all Important

As with law, the dictum for management is this: What is not documented does not exist. One can look back at the age-old Latin adage to this effect -Verba Volant, Scripta Manent, meaning “what is said flies, what is written stays”. This just about summarizes the need for documentation in organizations.Documentation is at the heart of organizations, because when employees take an organization to court for some strong reason such as termination -and there is no dearth of such lawsuits…See More
yesterday
rodriguezcecelia posted blog posts
yesterday
John Robinson posted blog posts
yesterday
Adam Fleaming posted blog posts
yesterday

Discussion Forum

Disaster Pre-Planning with MAPS

With so many different hazards facing business infrastructure it's clearly a challenge to plan for everything.  One aspect of this type of planning that is often overlooked is the Geospatial aspect.…Continue

Started by Dustin Apr 1, 2011.

Is your business prepared for the unexpected?

How well would your business fair if the unexpected occurred today? September is National Preparedness Month and employers are encouraged to make a plan to avoid issues that could affect their…Continue

Tags: noodlestream, safetyskills, emergency, september, month

Started by SafetySkills Sep 3, 2009.

Disaster Contingency Planning 4 Replies

I have been tasked with updating our Contingency Plan. My problem is that this Plan is over 30 pages of information. It is too long, doesn't apply to a company our size (we are smaller), and it's…Continue

Started by Lynne. Last reply by Mark Balduzzi Jul 28, 2009.

Disater information for employees 3 Replies

Any companies handout information to employees on how to handle a disater at home. I was thinking of putting some material together and handout at my next training class. Your thoughts.

Started by Larry. Last reply by Jay D. Rohman Jun 8, 2009.

Flooding after a hurricane 6 Replies

What advice would you give a friend, family member, or disaster worker evolved with post hurricane clean-up regarding flooding?

Tags: clean-up, disater, hurricane, flooding

Started by John Miley. Last reply by Barbara R. Guynes Oct 2, 2008.

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Safety Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service