This webinar will review the most critical safety elements associated with planning for, surviving and recovering from natural disasters, such as Hurricane Harvey we have seen recently in Texas. Learn how to protect yourself, your family and your employees, what to expect, and how to minimize the disruption from severe weather events.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Why having an Emergency Action Plan that includes severe weather events is critical to a business or organization. We will review some examples and give specifics.
- Review of the top ten safety hazards associated with severe weather events and how to mitigate them.
- How people get hurt or killed after a storm – there are a surprising large number of ways.
- Intermediate risk factors following a flood or hurricane – such as public health and sanitation issues
- disruption of public utilities, etc.
- Industrial hygiene practices for workers engaged in recovery operations; health effects associated with severe weather events
- Preventive and predictive measures for businesses
- OSHA and FEMA requirements; mandatory evacuation orders; declarations of State of Emergency
- Sources of more detailed information; continuing education for disaster and emergency response personnel
Who Will Benefit:
- Business Owners and Managers
- Operations Managers
- Fleet Managers
- Safety & Health Managers
- Safety Directors
- Public Officials, Public Works Directors
- Emergency Response Officials
- Fire & Rescue Personnel
- Supervisors & Superintendents
- Managers and Planners
- Contractors and Builders
More Info: Hurricane Safety and Survival Tips